How to install a bathtub on concrete floor. concrete 2019-01-27

How to install a bathtub on concrete floor Rating: 6,6/10 552 reviews

Installing a bathtub on a concrete slab

how to install a bathtub on concrete floor

Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, or business, pricing, or legal questions, or for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Flush the toilet to remove water from the bowl and tank. The lavatory currently exists in the basement. Raising the tub is a lot more work and increases the odds of falling when exiting the tub than simply opening the hole needed to put the drain where it belongs. After the cement patch cures you may set the tub.


Next

Help! Freestanding tub installation on slab foundation problem!

how to install a bathtub on concrete floor

Apparantely the leak is between the shutoff out in the yard and the meter which is located in the hallway utility closet. Basically says we cannot install a freestanding tub unless it has a pedestal or clawfoot or we build up the floor where the tub is going to go. Special care has to be taken to avoid damaging the footers. Make sure it is big enough for the plumber to be able to get his hands and wrench in to tighten the trap fittings, and you're good to go Andy Re: plumbing drain for bathtub on concrete slab? Repairs after the fact are costly and difficult, and require cutting into the slab with a plunge-cut concrete saw and a jackhammer to remove sections of the concrete to access the pipes. Every code going dictates that you can not discharge a major fixture, your toilet past a unvented minor one, your tub.

Next

How to Tile a Concrete Slab Floor in a Bathroom

how to install a bathtub on concrete floor

You have a larger problem then cementing under the tub. You can update that drab look to appeal to buyers or as an early project in your new home with just a bit of preparation. If any spots are uneven, position hardwood shims underneath the tub and glue them in place. Many manufacturers say skip it and attach or seat directly to the framing. The outside part is open and it should be easy to pour concrete mix and seal the slab before tiling, but the inside part, directly underneath the tub would be difficult. Install Image info : Resolution:1920x1080 Size:164kB 9.

Next

Help! Freestanding tub installation on slab foundation problem!

how to install a bathtub on concrete floor

Is there suppose to be a rectangle cutout in the concrete floor for the tub drain? I want to add a bathtub near the toilet. Be careful not to damage any pipes or wires! Would I cut the floor and tie the Tub drain into this drain? For best results you should always do the planning and layout with a professional to avoid making costly errors. Once the concrete is in place, the plumbing is forever locked away and can only be accessed through expensive repairs. First, dry-fit the surround and mark the location of the accessories, including the faucet and water handles. Is it possible to install a tub drain above the concrete floor? Loading Install Bathtub Concrete Floor. Then, attach the drain to the new tub, and connect the overflow drain.

Next

Bathroom Floor Options

how to install a bathtub on concrete floor

The surround is made up of the panels that protect the wall around your tub from moisture and mildew. Bathroom Floor Examples The linoleum flooring in this bathroom was outdated and plain, now thanks to a concrete overlay, the floors have a unique Tuscan-inspired custom tile design. We were able to install a free standing tub on our slab, our problem is, the floor mount tub filler. Connect the drain to the P-trap. Use the floor sander to remove the paint.


Next

How to Tile a Concrete Slab Floor in a Bathroom

how to install a bathtub on concrete floor

View 68 videos with concrete expert, Bob Harris as he explains. If the cracks are too deep or create a difference of more than 1 inch on the surface of the slab, it may be necessary to have a professional remove a portion of the slab to repair it. This still has you discharging a major fixture past a unvented minor one. Use a screwdriver to unscrew the faucet and disconnect it from the water lines by unscrewing it. My main concern is the tub drain.

Next

Installing a bathtub on a concrete slab

how to install a bathtub on concrete floor

I want to add a bathtub near the toilet. Installing A Concrete Floor Image info : Resolution:616x462 Size:33kB 24. If so, how do i secure these to concrete floor? You will also need a tub access hole installed in the wall, 14 to 16 inches square behind the tub so you can hook the tub waste to the trap unless you think you can do it from the basement. We want to add a clawfoot tub a urinal, sink and toilet. After I jackhammer up the concrete and install the tub trap and drainage into the toilet drain, how do I seal the floor under the tub? It can also run under sidewalks, stoops, patios and decks. Finally, connect all of the water lines and accessories, and caulk the tub to the floor. Also what is the correct height of the shower drain above the bathroom floor? Check that the drain hole in the bottom of the tub lines up with the P-trap in the floor underneath the tub.

Next

Installing a bathtub on a concrete slab

how to install a bathtub on concrete floor

With concrete already pre-existing in most homes, exposing it and applying effects such as coloring, engraving, staining, or dyeing makes concrete a viable option. In price comparison, concrete can be customized within any budget. But your contractor is right in that there is a 99% chance it won't leak, but a 1% chance it will and they can't check it like normally. To ensure the tub fits, place it in the designated area. You will also need a tub access hole installed in the wall, 14 to 16 inches square behind the tub so you can hook the tub waste to the trap unless you think you can do it from the basement. Measure the length and width of the alcove where you will install the tub.

Next